Tuesday, August 14, 2012

West Branch, IA: Herbert Hoover's Birthplace

Yay Iowa! I made it through Iowa! Yay! I stopped for a gas/pee break in Western Illinois. The exit that I happened to pull off at was Ronald Reagan's boyhood home.. The next exit was his birthplace and an exit or two after had a Buffalo Bill museum. I was really tempted to stop at every historic site today. But the only other stop I took was at Herbert Hoover's Presidential Library & Museum/Historical Site. 

Reagan's boyhood home in Dixon, IL.

Funky statue.

Preserved town at Hoover's historic site.





A President was born here. Cool.

One that my dad hasn't been too.


Made a bad guestimate. I coasted into the gas station in Lincoln. I have a 12 gallon tank and put 11.964 gallons in.

Some people have asked me what I do while I'm driving. The answer to this question is simple: I drive. Today was actually my first long drive of the trip (8 hours), and tomorrow will be another 8 hours. So far I've had nothing over 6 hours. If I get bored I like to scream "Holy crap I'm on a road trip!" a few times to wake myself up. I have a feeling that Iowa and Nebraska will hear a lot of my screaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment