Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Denver: The Mile High City/My Future Home

There are so many things that I could say about Denver, but I don't even know where to start. I'll just leave it as: Denver, you're just right for me. I'll be moving in October (hopefully). 
I stayed with cousin Shaun & Molly. They live in an awesome neighborhood in an awesome house with with two awesome dogs and have a BAAABBBYYY on the way. It's just awesome. I went on runs in City Park and Cheesman Park with Tucker and took naps in the hammock. 

This is what Tucker looks like after a run.

Tucker was happy to take a break while I stretched during a run.

On Friday, Shaun got off work early and tried to take me up to Red Rocks to see it since the concert we were going to go to on Thursday was sold out. But the jerks wouldn't let us in so I could take a picture. Then, we went to Boulder and walked Pearl Street and had a couple drinks.

No pictures of the amphitheater :(

Old dude that could put his head up his butt.

Pearl Street in Boulder.

The Rocky Mountains are so beautiful.

We went to Lala's for dinner! Shaun is the coolest cousin (delicious food + restaurant with my nickname = coolest cousin award). 

My nap/apply for jobs spot.

Caution, this pedestrian is hulahooping in the crosswalk.

The squirrel that peed on Shaun's head.

Porch + dog + good beer = my happy place.

On Saturday, Adam (friend from grad school) and two of his friends and I went to a Rockies game at Coors Field. 


Coors Field.

Purple margarita.

On Sunday, Adam and I went to Denver Biscuit Company, which was one of his case studies for his thesis, and then we went on a hike in Boulder.

This dog was so ridiculously well-behaved!

My biscuit. Sausage, egg, apple butter, and maple syrup. Helllloooo heartburn.

Adam's biscuit. Fried chicken, gravy and I have no idea what else. Not smart pre-hiking food.

We climbed to one of the flatirons in Boulder.

This little guy kept trying to get way too close to me.




Adam was freaking out by being next to the edge.

This was not a trail, but it's what we crawled up to get to the top. We found the trail for the way down.


Molly has a lot of patience to put up with this clown.

This is Shaun's idea of a care package. Shaun might actually be smart.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post!!! I love u Lala!!!!
    Love, Danielle

    ReplyDelete