Unk and I went to St. Joe so he could show me where Grandma and Grandpa grew up/lived before Monaca. Most of the Lehman & Bittner family is buried here.. so I had my 4th visit of this trip to a cemetery.
This is my Grandma (Eleanor Bittner Lehman) and Grandpa (Richard Russell Lehman)
This is my Great Grandpa (Orville O. Lehman). He was in the Spanish-American War and we have his bayonet that he used.
Grandpa's brother (Frank F. Lehman).
These are my Grandma's parents, Edna M. Bittner and Henry J. Bittner. Grandma Bittner's cooking and baking skills are legendary.
Doris Parr was my Grandma's sister.
Sophie was Edna Bittner's sister, I think.
After the graveyard tour, Unk showed me around the town and we had dinner with his cousin Don. Imagine a little Florida beach town, but with only northerners, no palm trees, and no Spanish style houses.
This was my Grandma's house facing Lake Michigan. Cousin Don's house is next door and Aunt Doris' house is a few doors down.
View from the park across from Grandma's house. This was about the only sun I saw on Thursday.
Pretty cool green roof on a children's center.
The cannon overlooking Lake Michigan.
This is the "beach" on Lake Michigan. The tree really confused me.








No comments:
Post a Comment