Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Ellicott City: LIZ!

After DC, I stopped in Ellicot City just outside of Baltimore to visit one of my favorite crew girls ever. Liz (aka LIZ!, Lizard, Lizzy) is in grad school and does awesome things.
We got a massive amount of Korean BBQ when I got here and caught up on each other's lives. We watched a movie (I was exhausted).

The mascot at Liz's school.

So reason #1847879349458 why Liz is awesome: She introduced me to narwhals. She also gave me the Narwhal Award (paper plate award from my last season of crew), that award will forever be better than any award I will ever receive. So I got her some finger narwhal thing from Satchel's. The blue is hers and the purple is mine.

While she was at work today, I went on a hike at Patapsco Valley State Park. I climbed around, sat around on a rock and enjoyed nature. And then I did a load of laundry because I had some really smelly, sweaty, disgusting clothes.

Remembering to take a break just as Dad tells me to take a break.

My nasty spider bite.

Snack time on the rock.

This guy (girl? I don't know deers) and I scared each other and then stopped to stare at each other for 3 minutes.

In the middle of nature.

There's a river down there somewhere.

Played with the timer on my camera.

When she got home, we went to dinner in the nice part (non-strip mall/commercialized/WalMartized) area of Ellicott City. It's stupid adorable. 

Liz had a long day so we had margaritas at dinner.

Then we walked around stupid adorable Main Street in Ellicott City so I could take pictures.

Courtney likes giraffes. We like Courtney.

Mural.

Liz needs this picnic basket so she can have legit picnics.

Main Street

Respect the Rock.

Subway is fancy here because it is Subway Cafe.

Cool sign.

Cool clock.

Welcome to Ellicott City sign/bridge thing.

Scenic byway. 

Yay Maryland!

Then we went to WalMart to drop off a Redbox and when I got out of the car, I guess I ripped my shorts and a creature of WalMart was kind enough to tell me that I had a rip up the butt of my shorts. These were my favorite shorts, sad day. 

This is Liz! being narwhally awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment