I stayed with the Vaught sisters (LV and Misty, LV and I rowed together) for this leg of the trip. I got into the city before LV had gotten off work, so what did I do to waste time? Went directly to Boathouse Row. Then, I met up with LV and we went to her softball game. After the game we went out with her team to a collegey bar (think cheap beer).
Boathouses
A really foamy Highlife.
On Friday, LV and Misty had to work so Misty dropped me off at Old City to do the ultimate tourist things. I saw the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. Very quick little tours. My ranger (aka tour guide) for Independence Hall sucked because he had a horrible accent with a lisp and emphasized weird parts of his sentences. Then I wandered around for a little while and went to City Hall for an AWESOME tour. Philadelphia City Hall is INTENSE. I definitely recommend that tour. Then I met up with LV and Misty at New Delhi (Indian buffet), dericious.
Independence Hall.
Why the bell is cracked.
Liberty Bell, the line is ridiculous to see such a tiny little thing.
Some guy named Barry and Independence Hall.
The Supreme Court Room in Independence Hall
Assembly Hall
The city plan is there somewhere..
Exterior of Philly's city hall
Masonic Temple across from City Hall
The chandeliers in city hall were CRAZY.
City seal.
Good ole George.
Another chandelier.
City council, totally beats Gainesville's.
This used to be a skylight.
A simple conference room.
The elevators were closed to go up in the tower (they said it was too hot, but it was only 90 degrees. Northerners are pansies), so our tour guide took us into the Philadelphia Supreme Court.
On Saturday, LV and I went for a run in the Italian Market (à la Rocky) and then had more delicious food at the South Philadelphia Tap Room.
Post-run brunch. There's a mountain of delicious eggs under that dericiousness.
Then, I debated going to Wellsboro or just going to Pittsburgh. My Canadian friend Jenny was on her way to Wellsboro, but her flights were delayed so I didn't want to get there and not have a place to stay.. So I ended up leaving for Pittsburgh (I'm technically in Beaver/Monaca.. the townships have always confused me). I'm here until Thursday so plenty of time to rest up, do laundry, and hang out with Unk.










No comments:
Post a Comment