Saturday, September 1, 2012

Seattle: Way too pretty!!

Seattle was amazingly beautiful, but I apparently lucked out on the weather. I did the typical touristy things and walked around the city. I took the Bainbridge ferry, walked around, and had lunch over there. I came back and tried to go to the library, but it was closed this week. Soooo I walked over to the Space Needle. 
First stop: Pike Place Market.

First Starbucks, blah. I don't like Starbucks.


Space Needle from afar.


On the ferry ride back.


Sweet public library! Too bad it was closed. :(

Happened upon this. Not sure what he was dancing for.

Took a nap under this.

I went to the Olympic Sculpture Garden, where I sat and watched the boats. I got a not so cool sunburn from doing that. 
Then, I had an adventure looking for my car. I had dropped a pin and saved the location on my phone so I would know where I parked it.. but the pin didn't save in the correct location. I walked to where the pin was and knew that I was in the wrong place. I managed to find it because I have a weird memory. So once I felt better about knowing where it was, I met up with Will for a couple drinks at Shorty's and then I ended up going to dinner with him and his parents. His parents were adorable and it was the good dose of Southern charm that I had been missing. 

Friday involved me doing responsible things like getting my oil changed. I met Greg down at the Fremont neighborhood, walked around, and had delicious Thai for dinner. We also hit up the Gas Works Park.

The troll under the bridge.

Trollolololololololol. Nice one Seattle.

Rocket!

Me and Lenin hanging out.

View of downtown from Gas Works.

OHMYGOD! A hot tub boat?! I think I've seen everything now.


Gas Works was a pretty neat park.

On Saturday, I experienced the "Wow, I really am an alumni" feeling. It was my first gameday in six years that I haven't lived in Gainesville. I definitely missed it. I watched the game with the Seattle Gator Club.

My Seattle souvenir.

Post-game, Greg and I went to Beth's Cafe (my mom is named Beth, so I had to go).

At the time, I had no idea that Beth's had been featured on Man vs. Food. I ordered the 6 egg Southwestern Exposure omelet (minus the sour cream). The Man vs. Food challenge was the 12 egg Southwestern Exposure. You can only order 6 or 12 egg omelets. It was ridiculous! Don't worry, I had plenty of leftovers. Man vs. Food Southwester Exposure Challenge

My artwork that is now displayed at Beth's.

Um, what?

You've been great, Seattle. Tomorrow is Mount St. Helens and Portland.

2 comments:

  1. Lala: your travelogue is awsome. The hot tub boat? Maybe a sibling reunion.
    love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if you had a Google account it would be a helluva lot easier. Thanks for all of the comments btw
    Seattle is definitely recommended. You and Jackie should go next August.

    ReplyDelete