Shayna and I went up to Austin Friday night so I could experience a Friday night in Austin. The rest of my Austin experience was with Hannah Hurricane (yes her middle name is legally Hurricane, thus the nickname Cat5) from Sunday-Tuesday.
Shay and I at The Salt Lick.
Beer and chocolate for dessert. Duh.
On a peddicabbie ride.
The important sticker is the middle one. The Austin Facial Hair Club. This dude was weird.
Juna in a Million for a deliciously filling breakfast.
Oh wait, did I say our breakfast was filling? Well it was, but we went and got cupcakes from Hey Cupcake! immediately after anyways. This was my red velvet with a whipper snapper.
This was Shay's pumpkin (?) with a whipper snapper.
Food trucks on South Congress.
We stopped at Buc-ee's on our way back to SA. I hadn't really been impressed with the "Everything is Bigger in Texas" slogan until I went here. Article in the WSJ was published the morning that we went
I didn't take any pictures inside because I was just really overwhelmed.
So I went back to SA with Shay and then left after we had Sunday Brunch. I went back to Austin to hang out with Cat5. It was raining, so we just went to the Whole Foods corporate headquarters store (I WANT EVERYTHING IN THERE) to get dinner/cookies to bake/wine.
Buckwheat! aka Bucky!
Wine, cookies, and a fort. That's how we roll.
On Monday, I went for my morning run around Lady Bird Lake and down to Barton Springs. Afterwords, Hannah and I got breakfast at Bouldin Creek Cafe (delish vegetarian food) and then we went paddle boarding. I didn't take any paddle boarding pictures (woops). While she was at work, I walked around UT's campus for a little while and then went to Casa to see where Han works now (she and I are former coworkers/classmates).
I ran around Lady Bird Lake and saw UT rowing.
Cloudy morning in ATX.
I. NEED. THESE!
Best boots EVER!
And what multiple people told me that I HAD to have before I left Texas: breakfast tacos at Torchy's.
I'd had enough of Texas so I decided to skip my Houston stop and go on to New Orleans from Austin.






No comments:
Post a Comment