Friday, September 21, 2012

San Antonio: Alamo City

I had a BLAST with Shayna (crew girl) in San Antonio. First thing we did was run along the Riverwalk, ate dinner, and then power walked back to the car. While she was at work, I explored SA and did some souvenir shopping. 

Inside the Alamo.

Green water will always be kind of unsettling.

The Alamo.

Riverwalk.

Shay and I made some fall-esque Sangria (pears, apple, cinnamon, nutmeg, white wine, and champagne) and we went to the country bar with her fun friends. 

Definitely making this again.

New friend Evan. He went to LSU, so that explains why he looks like that.

Boots on!

The ladies.

At Cowboys.

I am a horrible two-stepper. Evan and Eddy were good sports about it.

When in Texas...

you have to ride a bull!

And then fall off.

Shayna took a turn too.

Shay B is a pro.

Well, maybe not.

Shayna and I went to Austin on Friday night to experience a little of that. That will all be in the Austin post. We came back on Saturday to watch the Gator game with the San Antonio Gator Club. Of the three clubs that I watched games with, San Antonio wins the award for most fun. 

A little post-win celebrating also happened.

I had seen the Magnolia Pancake House on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives and I just had to try the Bananas Foster French Toast.

And we had a Denver Frittata to make sure we both had a little protein.

San Antonio made me realize that the most fun times I had on the trip were all dependent on who I was with. Shay has a great group of friends and it made me miss our old crew days.

No comments:

Post a Comment