I went out to Cary for dinner with Christy's family last night. Learned a little bit more about the SE Asia trip I'm thinking about.
Christy and I (and her boss Loraine) went on a Segway tour of downtown Raleigh (http://www.triangleglides.com/) Wednesday morning. I can check ride a Segway off of my life to do list. It was actually my first time seeing downtown Raleigh and I definitely loved it. Would not mind living there at all.
Christy passing the Segway test
In front of the NC capitol building in downtown Raleigh
View of Fayetteville Street behind me
New globe that was just added to the NC Natural History Museum
Most underutilized public space in Raleigh. Located between government buildings
In front of the governor's mansion
Oakwood Cemetery. Quite a few famous people buried here (lots of confederate soldiers, Elizabeth Edwards, Jim Valvano, Margaret Mitchell's first husband, Jesse Helms, etc)
Another shot of the governor's mansion
Probably going to some of the museums tomorrow..




No comments:
Post a Comment